In this issue:
The Big Data Institute is now open: MalariaGEN is looking forward to new collaborations at the Big Data Institute, and to maintaining our collaborations at the Wellcome Trust Centre for Human Genetics and the Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute in Hinxton.
- Finding a fascinating variant behind a malaria GWAS signal
- Exploration of large scale genome variation data
- SpotMalaria releases first genetic report cards to partners
- Pf Community project makes data available open access
- 60 seconds with... Prof Peter Gething
- Aspen Institute New Voices Fellowships
- MIM Pan African Malaria Conference
- Working with parasite database resources
- Working with pathogen genomes
- World Malaria Day - WHO pushes for malaria prevention
- WHO releases new guidance on malaria elimination
- Links to the latest malaria publications
Malaria in the media
- BBC Health – Malaria: Kenya, Ghana and Malawi get first vaccine
- Big Think – Philip Eckhoff: After 12 Bouts with Malaria, One Doctor Mounts Math-Driven Vaccine Campaign
- The BMJ – Bruno Moonen and Clive Shiff: Should we commit to eradicating malaria worldwide?
- German Center for Infection Research – Oumou Maïga-Ascofaré: "Good to see both sides"
- Science – Dramatic evolution within human genome may have been caused by malaria parasite
- STAT – Jamet Midega: Communities can be powerful forces in the fight against malaria
- Wellcome Open Research – Irene Omedo and Philip Bejon: Immediate publication aids malaria research