This page provides additional information about this paper and links to data resources.
The data set used in these analyses drew on several data resources, including a subset of samples collected through the MalariaGEN Consortial Project 1, as well as publicly available data sources.
Visit the Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute public ftp to download anonymised genotype data on 328,176 SNPs in following samples:
- 2,141 individuals from 14 populations typed as part of the 1000 Genomes Project on an Illumina 2.5M chip
- 1,266 individuals from eight MalariaGEN Consortial Project 1 populations typed on an Illumina 2.5M chip
- 346 individuals from four populations (Jola, Fula, Mandinka, Wollof) typed as part of the Gambia Genome Variation Project typed on Illumina 2.5M chip (manuscript in preparation)
- 235 individuals from 10 eastern African populations from typed on an Illumina Omni 1M chip (Pagani et al, AJHG 2012)
- 48 individuals from three southern African populations typed on an Illumina Omni 1M chip (Petersen et al, PLOS Genetics 2014)
- 180 individuals from nine southern African populations typed on an Ilumina Omni 2.5M chip (Schlebush et al, Science 2012)
About the collaboration
This study used data generated by the MalariaGEN Consortial Project 1, an international collaboration that is examining the genetic determinants of resistance to malaria. To read more about the project and our partner studies, visit www.malariagen.net/projects/cp1.